Problem: I was ask to come down to a client last Friday to troubleshoot an issue where the required Windows Update installations are stuck in Software Center for almost 2 days, although it’s confirmed that the ConfigMgr client can resolve the Site and after several restart of the machine and running M.U.A.S.S.
- Machine Policy Retrieval & Evaluation Cycle
- User Policy Retrieval & Evaluation Cycle
- Application Deployment Evaluation Cycle
- Software Updates Scan Cycle
- Software Updates Deployment Evaluation Cycle
Upon investigating the failed Update I saw error 0x87D00664.
Solution: Running ccmrepair.exe managed to resolved the issue.
- Clear the ccmcache folder
- In the C:\Windows\CCM – run ccmrepair as Administrator
- In the ConfigMgr client, run M.U.A.S.S.
- The wait for a while… (Patience is a virtue)