System Center Configuration Manager Technical Preview 4 was released last November 12, 2015. As of today, SCCM Tech Preview 4 is not yet available in MSDN Subscription so it can only be downloaded from the Microsoft Eval Center.
*** Do take note that this Technical Preview must be installed as a new site, and cannot be used to upgrade your previous Technical Preview site.
The new capabilities included in this release are as follows:
- Natively manage Office 365 desktop client updates:You can use the Software Update Management (SUM) workflow to manage Office 365 desktop client updates just like you manage any other Microsoft Update.
- Mobile device management (MDM) feature parity between Intune stand-alone and Configuration Manager:With this technical preview, many of the MDM features that are supported via Intune standalone are also enabled for Configuration Manager integrated with Intune (hybrid). We will publish additional information later this year about the specific capabilities that will be supported with a hybrid deployment.
- Integration with Windows Update for Business:With this Preview, you have the ability to view the list of devices that are controlled by Windows Update for Business.
- Certificate provisioning is supported for Windows 10 devices that you manage using on-premises mobile device management.
Requirements and Limitations for the Technical Preview
The Technical Preview is intended for use in a lab environment. Because it is a limited build intended for use in a lab environment, it does not include options for support and should not be used in a production environment.
For most product prerequisites, use the information in the System Center 2012 Configuration Manager supported configurations documentation. For general operations and configurations, use the information in the System Center 2012 Configuration Manager Documentation Library.
The following exceptions apply to the Technical Preview releases:
- Each install remains active for 60 days before it becomes inactive.
- English is the only language supported.
- Only a stand-alone primary site is supported. There is no support for a central administration site, multiple primary sites, or secondary sites.
- Only the following versions of SQL Server are supported:
- SQL Server 2012 with cumulative update 2 or later
- SQL Server 2014
- The site supports up to 10 clients, which must run one of the following:
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
- Windows 10
- There is no support for upgrade to this preview build.
- There is no support for upgrade to a later build from this preview build.
- Only the following install flags (switches) are supported:
- There is no support for migration to or from this preview build.
Reference site: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn965439.aspx
No comments yet.