Here’s a manual method on how to import the Configuration Manager module to PowerShell. I am running ConfigMgr v1906
- First launch Windows PowerShell by right-clicking on it and select “Run as administrator”.
- By default the location of the ConfigurationManager.psd1 is in ConfigMgr installation folder, e.g., C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\bin\ (the drive letter may depend where you installed ConfigMgr). In PowerShell, do change of directory. CD ‘ C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Configuration Manager\AdminConsole\bin‘
- Type in, Import-Module .\ConfigurationManager.psd1
- Let’s run the ConfigMgr cmdlets, by switching the path to the ConfigMgr site. In my case, the site code is PS1 type: cd PS1
- Now, let’s confirm that ConfigMgr module is working, type in the
For more info, visit the Get started with Configuration Manager cmdlets page