The 2010 update for Configuration Manager current branch is now available as an in-console update, but if you want to get your hands in to it immediately you can opt for the Early update ring.
Here are the steps for updating it via Early update ring.
As you can see in the console, Configuration Manager 2010 is still not yet available from the Update and Servicing window. The steps below will show you the step-by-step guide on how to update Configuration Manager to version 2010.
Note: If the Configuration Manager 2010 is already available in your console you may skip Steps 1 to 4.
Note: It is recommend to apply this upgrade into your Pre-Production environment and perform all the necessary tests before implementing to production.
Step 1: Download the Version 2010 opt-in script
Step 2: Extract the script to a directory
Step 3: Run the script in an Administrator privilege in this format: EnableEarlyUpdateRing2010.ps1 then it will ask for the Server name see example below:
Step 4: Configuration Manager 2010 will download automatically
Step 5: In the console, click Install Update Pack.
Step 6: The Configuration Manager Updates Wizard will launch, click Next.
n the Features, select the feature you need to install, in my case the check boxes are pre-selected already I just needed to click Next.
Note: if you don’t want to select any of the features you can always enable it later, from the ConfigMgr console Administration workspace > Updates and Servicing > Features.
Step 8: In the Client Update Options, select what’s applicable for your environment, and click Next.
Step 9: In the License Terms tick and accept the license terms box and click Next and in the Summary click on Next.
Step 10: In the Summary page, click Next
Step 11: In the Completion page, click Close and go back to the SCCM Console to monitor the progress of the update.
Back in the Configuration Manager console, you will see that Configuration Manager 2010 is installing, to further monitor the progress In the Monitoring workspace > Updates and Servicing Status you can see that the status is Installing, go and right-click on the Configuration Manager 2010.
From the Ribbon, you may click the Show Status to view the detailed status.
It will take something for the installation to complete. You can either leave it open or click the OK button to close the Status window.
Once the upgrade is done, you will be prompted to install a new version of the console, click OK to proceed.
The SCCM console will close and go through the installation process.
You can view the progress from the log files: C:\ConfigMgrAdminUISetup.log and C:\ConfigMgrAdminUISetupVerbose.log.
After the installation is completed the new SCCM Console will automatically launch.
In the console, go and verify that the ConfigMgr version is now in 2010, once verified click OK to close and your done!
What’s new in version 2010
Here’s a summary for the improvements in ConfigMgr 2010.
- Microsoft Endpoint Manager tenant attach
- Troubleshooting portal lists a user’s devices based on usage
- Enhancements to applications in Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center
- Cloud-attached management
- Cloud management gateway with virtual machine scale set for CSP
- Disable Azure AD authentication for onboarded tenants
- Additional options when creating app registrations in Azure Active Directory
- Validate internet access for the service connection point
- Desktop Analytics
- Support for new Windows 10 diagnostic data levels
- Support for Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019
- Desktop Analytics
- Monitor scenario health
- Report setup and upgrade failures to Microsoft
- Delete Aged Collected Diagnostic Files task
- Improvements to the administration service
- Client management
- Wake machine at deployment deadline using peer clients on the same remote subnet
- Improved Windows Server restart experience for non-administrator accounts
- Collection query preview
- Collection evaluation view
- View collection relationships
- Application management
- Improvements to available apps via CMG
- OS deployment
- Deploy an OS over CMG using bootable media
- Deploy a task sequence deployment type to a user collection
- Manage task sequence size
- Analyze SetupDiag errors for feature updates
- Improvements to task sequence performance settings
- Improvements to BitLocker management
- Expanded Windows Defender Application Control management
- Software updates
- Enable user proxy for software update scans
- Notifications for devices no longer receiving updates
- Immediate distribution point fallback for clients downloading software update delta content
- Configuration Manager console
- Categorize Community hub content
- Community hub on Windows Server operating systems
- Product feedback
- Improvements to in-console notifications
- Improvements to the Configuration Manager console
- Content management
- Improvements to client data sources dashboard
- Improvements to the content library cleanup tool
- Update PowerShell help
- Support for PowerShell version 7
- Improvements to cloud management gateway cmdlets
- Deprecated features
To see the official article about what’s new in version 2010 visit: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mem/configmgr/core/plan-design/changes/whats-new-in-version-2010.
No comments yet.